Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Marines

I am sorry it has been a long few days since I have written. Life has a way of throwing events, surprises, and distractions your way.

All last week my brother Josiah stayed with Jonathan and I to prepare to go to the marines. Today is the first day at Paris Island in S.C. He will be going three days without sleep, losing everything familiar to him, and stretching himself to the limit, since the moment he stepped off the bus.

Will he make it? I have full confidence that all his father and mother instilled in him, all the disciplines he tried to escape by leaving family, will return and pull him through.  "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is grown he will not depart from it." Pr. 22:6 Today is day one of the long process he will be taking to "grow up".

His last words to his father was that he would graduate in "dress blues". He a young man who wants to do his best. And the Lord's hand is on him, pursuing his life, revealing his love and mercy, even on Parris Island. There is no place, where the Lord is not there.




2 comments:

  1. (((HUGS))) Wish I could reach through the screen and give you a hug too Sarah! Love you all so very much! You all continue to stay in the forefront of our thoughts and prayers. ((((MORE HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete

I sure do love to hear from ya'll

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails