Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

I was introduced to Spaghetti Squash through my mother-in-law Amy. And I was shocked at how good it was! It wasn't lacking in the flavors one looks forward to with spaghetti, to me it made it even better! So, for those going "glutton-free", here is an EASY recipe!


Spaghetti Squash: you can find this in most local grocery stores, I bought mine at Kroger.

 You can bake, boil, or microwave your Squash, but I took the easiest route, and microwaved mine for approximately 15 minutes. Give it about 4 minutes per pound depending on your microwave. You will have to scoop the seeds out when you cut it open, then simply scoop the rest of the contents out into a bowl, like this:

This is after most of it's contents had already been eaten.


It's a nice, crispy, fresh texture after it is cooked.





My sauce is simple:

  Ground beef, Tomato Sauce, Onions, Mushrooms, with some Italians Spices (Basil, Thyme, etc...)

Pour it on top of your noodles, add some Parmesian Cheese, and enjoy!


A super healthy, extremely satisfying meal.

Today I am linking to:

"Hope Studios"
"Today's Creative Blog"
and "Sew Chatty"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure do love to hear from ya'll

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails