Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another Healthy Meal

Well, forget just the snack foods, how about a real meal!

Salmon:

High in Omega 3 fatty acids, it reduces inflammation in your arteries, and digestive system.
It reduces your chances of colon cancer, prostate and kidney cancer, etc...
It improves your skin, makes your eyes, hair and nails more healthy and shiny.
It will help reduce cholesterol, and will strengthen your veins and cardiac muscles.
It will also help reduce blood pressure, there for reducing your chances of an heart attack.
It increases your brain efficiency, improves your memory, and keeps you  wide awake during long working hours.

It is said that fish eaters are more intelligent than meat eaters! ( is this possible?!)

SO.....  I made my own Salmon dinner last night!

I got my two Salmon fillets, grilled them in my cast iron skillet with a little sauce:



The sauce is a mixture of: Soy Sauce, Honey, Honey Mustard,  Mustard Seed, Vinegar, and Pepper.....


Here they are cooking away!


Some delicious Salmon, and cheesy Broccoli and Rice... Not too bad!


Enjoy.


Linking to "Between Naps on the Porch", for "Tablescape Thursdays"

4 comments:

  1. YUM! Thanks for all these yummy recipes Sarah! I was just stopping back by to get your Smoothie recipe. Now I just need to get a blender! LOL! : ) Love this blog Sarah! Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I have such a hard time eating fish and really need to focus on this more. I was just discussing this with a friend who suggested a sauce much like the one you described. She said this cuts the fishy taste more then lemon does. I am joining your from Tablescape Thursday. Thanks for joining and sharing your yummy suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sauce it what does it for me, otherwise, I have a hard time with fish... There is another sauce I ADORE on my fish, a recipe of my mothers, it's a heavy cream sauce. Heavy cream, sour cream, butter... It is perfect on Salmon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to eat fish, would you be willing to make it for me often?!! (Ha ha) I just don't like the smell in the home. I do it more often in the summer. We have a lot of salmon and halibut that friends brought back from Alaska, I will have to get after it!

    ReplyDelete

I sure do love to hear from ya'll

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails